Thursday, May 19, 2011

Undesired: India

When I was in India last year, I remember when one of my coworkers first told me that it was illegal in India for a woman to get an ultrasound and find out whether she is having a boy or a girl. I wondered why there would be such a law. "Because Michelle," said my coworker matter of factly, "if it's a girl, the family may want to abort the child." What?! I couldn't imagine that baby girls were being wiped out so much, that there was actually a law because of it. But it's true... despite this law, God's baby girls are being abused and killed. This short film I just found and watched sheds more light on it: UNDESIRED.
Only Jesus can save India.


In India, all women must confront the cultural pressure to bear a son. The consequences of this preference is a disregard for the lives of women and girls. From birth until death they face a constant threat of violence. See the project at http://mediastorm.com/publication/undesired

No comments:

Post a Comment